They call this GREEN diesel - GTL

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Check out THIS ARTICLE talking about the big bucks being spent for the gas to liquid (GTL) program in Qatar. Converting natural gas to diesel; the diesel has much lower sulfur content. They say it smells like "perfume."

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel will be sell for more than conventional diesel, and is hugely profitable with current oil prices above $50 a barrel. But Shell will still profit if oil drops to $20, Brown said.

Maybe it's just me reading this wrong but I'm reading that since this is new and "environmentally friendly" we are going to charge you even more and the price will be relative to crude oil prices even though it has nothing to do with making the fuel.

I really don't like that idea of ripping off the consumer simply because you can.

I like the idea and would be curious to see the characteristics of lubrication for the fuel as well as information regarding the thermal content.

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Well, they are dumping billions into the technology, but I agree they are charging more simply because they can. From the numbers in the article, this technology will not compete on a large scale with "oil" diesel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14