Help Needed think injectors gone. airbag light comin on 99 7.3l

strokinredneck48

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 99 7.3 and it started missing yesterday on way to work. it starts missing on idle and on pickup but once i get to highway speed it stops. also blue smoke pourin out. pretty sure thats injectors. had to change a few once before. i'm hopin that my injectors will clean out. put lucas diesel treatment in it. changed the fuel filter and there was some sludge. cleaned that out with brake cleaner. added more fuel with the lucas, and drove it for about ten miles. nothing! but my airbag light has started comin on blinking and stayin on. and overdrive light blinks on and off. any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

skertin3rd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. Same year and symptoms. I have done everything, even changed all o-rings on driver side. I retested them and found that # 4 is completely dead.I still have to check compression. I will let you know what I find out. Good luck

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
wouldn't suprise me..
when I got my truck (44,000 miles) it already had a reman squirter in the left bank..
your airbag and trans lights are going to need to be scanned anyway, so take it somewhere and figger it out...

strokinredneck48

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'm fixin to take it to a friend of mine who works at a fuel injector shop. hopefully the airbag light is just for a code. hoping and prayin my injectors will be ok. those are such a pain to change and they're not cheap. thanks guys

strokinredneck48

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
took it to my buddy. cylinders 1 and 5 are down. air bag light is comin from the speedometer sensor. not too bad i guess. the sensor is like 20 dollars but the injectors are 200 and up

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The speed sensor is on top of the rear end. It is easy to remover and replace. Maybe 10 minutes.

Dave

strokinredneck48

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah i've replaced it once before. but last time the airbag light came on and the abs and the speedometer quit along with the cruise. this time its just the airbag light. i'm hopin that the injector cleaner i put in will clean those injectors while i'm waiting on the new ones to come in. luckily the injectors are on the same side. but i probably should change the glow plugs.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah i've replaced it once before. but last time the airbag light came on and the abs and the speedometer quit along with the cruise. this time its just the airbag light. i'm hopin that the injector cleaner i put in will clean those injectors while i'm waiting on the new ones to come in. luckily the injectors are on the same side. but i probably should change the glow plugs.

I would, you're right there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14