Thinks to look for in a lift kit

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things to look for in a lift kit

In the next few months I am planning to get an 8-10" lift kit for my truck. I am not looking to get one of the expensive Rize kits, but I am not trying to get the cheapest thing out there. For any of the guys that have bought a lift or two I am wondering if there is anything you would recommend? maybe something you would have done with your lift in hindisight. I also have some questions too(keep in mind this truck is a street queen and never goes off road).

-Do the 4 link setups ride better than the radius arms with drop brackets.
-I was planning to get the rear leaf spring replacement instead of blocks & add-a-leafs. Wouldnt this improve ride and prevent axle roll?
-With the weight of a 1-ton, do the reservoir shocks give a better ride than the basic shocks that come with most lifts?
-I am looking at either the Fabtech or Superlift, but am wondering if there is a company that gets really good feedback from the superduty owners?

Last edited:

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ND superduty, I have had quite a few lifts from a custom made 2 foot to a bottom of the barrel hockey pucks. No need to blow the whole wad on a very expensive lift. Question 1) 4 link rides better in a different way but for a "street queen" radius arms are more than enough. 2) Do a combo of leaf and blocks unless you plan on 600 or 700 hundred HP to the rear wheels. 3) No but they look really cool... two words street queen.. no rough terrain 4) Fabtech makes a nice lift, it's a peference, superlift is nice for street trucks. When you buy equipment base your choice on how long your keeping your truck, How often you want to work on it and what you want it to do.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement leaf springs will help to prevent axle wrap...since wrap is mostly caused by tall lift blocks. But, it may not help it ride better. If you are set on replacing the leaf springs, I would consider a set of shorter lift leafs together with a block, and then add a traction bar to prevent wrap.

Remote resevoir shock have nothing to do with the ride...unless you are out hitting whoops and cycling the suspension fast. The only thing the remotes do...other than look cool and cost more...is add fluid capacity to the shock and help to keep the fluid cooler.

What lift you should go with is really more about what you plan to do with the truck. If you are just going to pound the pavement, just about any lift will work.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason I was considering a leaf spring replacement is because my driver side rear seems to sag just a little bit. Im guessing an add-a-leaf would help that some but wasnt sure. Guess I could just get a basic kit with the block and add-a-leaf and if there is still a sag issue I could do a leaf spring replacement later on.

In the end this lift is strictly for show and would be nice to get a decent ride out of it, but I could care less about wheel travel and flex off-road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14