This is a hard one to figure out ! !

smokin joe

Smokin.....
Reaction score
I am having problems with my engine surging. When I go it acts like a 8 cyl. gas engine that has a bad plug and once in a while it kicks in and you get a surge of power. In a rare occurance I will be sitting at a stop sign and the "check engine light " will come on and you push the foot feed down and it will not go. Then the light will go off and it will go again.

I checked the plug ins for the rocker cover gaskets and they are all good. Last time this happened I replaced the gasket on the drivers side and fixed a burnt plug in.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
That ses light will store a code. Get a scanner and let us know what the code is.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with my engine surging. When I go it acts like a 8 cyl. gas engine that has a bad plug and once in a while it kicks in and you get a surge of power. In a rare occurance I will be sitting at a stop sign and the "check engine light " will come on and you push the foot feed down and it will not go. Then the light will go off and it will go again.

I checked the plug ins for the rocker cover gaskets and they are all good. Last time this happened I replaced the gasket on the drivers side and fixed a burnt plug in.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
If what you are saying is the go pedal stops working ,it may be the IVS (idle validation switch), or the TPS (throttle position sensor) the codes will tell you

UVC (under valve cover harness)
IPR(injection pressure regulator).....

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sometimes it doesnt hurt to throw a few bucks at someone with a snap-on high quality scanner that gives you more than just a generic fault description, usually small shops are good about that, and if you feel its something over your head you can just leave it with them to fix. back to the topic though....daveben is correct thier scanner wont come up with anything. this sounds like it would be something like a tps or ivs as action said.
get those codes!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58