This piping thing is getting big-time!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of guys from my band were invited to perform on the pipes at halftime during the Air Farce Trade School (a.k.a. The U.S. Air Force Academy) football game on 11/3 and I was one of them! I'm pretty stoked, since apparently our Pipe Major (band head honcho) thinks I'm a decent piper or else I wouldn't have gotten the invite. The tune list isn't too bad, but I'll have to brush up on 2 or 3 to have them down cold since it just wouldn't do to flub the music, especially if we're going to be on TV. It's been a while since I was at the Academy (visited there in 10/95 when I was applying there) so it'll be a neat trip. For Tail_Gunner, if you want me to take some pics of the BUFF-on-a-stick they have, let me know. IIRC, that jet is one of the ones documented to have shot down a MiG over Vietnam so I figured you'd be interested.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the fat guy with a beard in the red jacket at the front of the formation. I'm 1 row behind him and 1 person to his left--I'm a bit taller than everyone in that part of the formation and wearing sunglasses.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
cool John
26_17_31.gif

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
well theres one football game i will have to watch.
sounds like a blast :sly
will be watching for a SDD nut on the loose with pipes :thumbs

yea haw another soon to be famous person in our midst
:hail :hail :notworthy

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They actually think you can pipe worth a dang :dunno ;) ;)

Wonder if I'm off and ifin we can get tickets to the game. Ain't been to the Academy in years and years, guess I better figure out ifin I'm working and if not try and scrounge up 4 tickets eh :D :D :D

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They actually think you can pipe worth a dang :dunno ;) ;)

Wonder if I'm off and ifin we can get tickets to the game. Ain't been to the Academy in years and years, guess I better figure out ifin I'm working and if not try and scrounge up 4 tickets eh :D :D :D

I can play better than a few of the pipers who were at Estes last weekend but there were a vast number of them who would trounce me on their worst/my best days. That's the nice thing about playing in a band--you don't have to be great by yourself, just good enough to blend in with the other guys.:sly :D

Last edited:

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACK, what the heck, ya would think the game is on a USAF base or something, there goes the beer and peanuts smuggled in a camelbak :eek:

# Air Force Academy entrance gates (North and South) will open 4 hours prior to kickoff and will remain open to the public 3 hours following the game.
# Stadium Gates and Ticket Booths will open 2 hours prior to kickoff.
# All persons and personal belongings entering the stadium are subject to search.
# The following items are NOT permitted in Falcon Stadium:

* Alcoholic beverages
* Artificial noisemakers of any kind
* Backpacks to include bota bags, wine-skins, and camelbacks
* Infant carrier packs permitted if infant is present
* Bags larger than 8 x 11 inches. Hard-sided bags or coolers
o Diaper bags are permitted if infant is present
* Banners or large signs
* Cameras with lenses greater than 4 inches in length
o Handheld video cameras are permitted
* Food or drink
o Factory-sealed transparent soft plastic water bottles, 24 oz. or less are permitted
o Exceptions will be made for medical conditions and infants
* Glass containers or cans
o Empty transparent soft plastic bottles 24 oz. or less are permitted
* Items that can not be readily inspected
* Items deemed dangerous or unsafe by security personnel
* Laser pointers
* Pets (other than working service dogs)
* Sticks, poles or umbrellas
* Weapons, Firearms, Fireworks

# Express lines are available for those spectators entering the stadium with nothing to be searched.
# Flash photography is not permitted.
# Reentry is not permitted.
# Seatbacks 18 inches or less are permitted. Seatbacks will be permitted as long as they don't require a search due to excessive pockets and compartments.
# Storage of prohibited items is not provided.
# All cadets must have their military ID card.
# The Air Force Department of Athletics would like to thank in advance all persons for their cooperation with these policies, so that all of our fans can have a safe and secure game experience.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can play better than a few of the pipers who were at Estes last weekend but there wwew a vast number of them who would trounce me on their worst/my best days. That's the nice thing about playing in a band--you don't have to be great by yourself, just good enough to blend in with the other guys.:sly :D

Ya sly dog ya :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Personally me thinks ya pipe pretty good, but then again I'm def :eek: :eek: :tounge :tounge :tounge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58