This will make you sick.

fastmike926

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They did the same thing to my 05 to fix the bed plate leak. It seems extreme, but it didnt take the tech long to get the cab off the truck. I was pretty impressed.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Mine is a 2007 but after seeing this it makes me sick especially when the warranty is up.

These manufacturers gotta come up with better ways to access mechanical problems. They know many of us like doing our own work and this sure would drive me away if I had to pay the expense.

08 F350 KingRanch at my shop - F150online Forums

I can just see the wires for aftermarket lights or something getting cut and never repaired when they pull the cab off, let alone a bypass oil filter or something that isn't a factory Ford part. Anybody ever heard of them pulling an Excursion body off of the frame? You'd think if engine work required cab removal they'd have to do it for X's too. :doh:

FordPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine what is required to remove the cab. Steering, cables. hoses, electrics. I had read elsewhere one owner complained that his cab had been removed so many times that his truck does nothing but rattle and squeak anymore. I thought he was only exagerating about the cab. I'd be pretty upset about the whole thing. My sons both had Jeep Grand Cherokees that were pieces of junk that I spent hundreds of hours working and spending money on. Because of that I will never buy a Mopar. So Ford better watch what happens to their truck market closely because Toyota will jump all over them the minute they faulter. It really bothers me about having to remove a cab to work on a vehicle. Ford should have done something about making the engine accessable or making the the body tilt up. This is BS.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't add aftermarket stuff till after my engine warranty is up...I don't trust the dealers

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like my next purchase before my 08 SD is going to have to be a lift. LOL

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
This is a feature on the new 2008's.

They can remove the cab within 2 hours.

Everything unbolts from underneath.

The Bolts are though USE ONCE bolts, They are NOT used again.

Actually, this is designed to make it much easier to do any major engine work and I can see how it would! ;)

Most of the Guys won't be doing this type of MAJOR Engine work anyways.

;)

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Doesn't scare me about buying an 08. In fact I would like to have a truck that you can remove the cab like that.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, they could design the hood and fenders as one piece and have the hinges at the bumper. You could get to all kinds of cool stuff that way. It would be easier to put in an EGT pyrometer too:sly Or would that make TOO much sense?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok.. start thinking up how to design that idea... you lll make millions.. or not.. worth a shot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58