Thoroughbred diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend buying anything from these guys. I bought a CFM+ intake from them in August 2007 while I was deployed to Afghanistan with the impression that I would have it to install in Sept while I was on leave. The part never showed up and after countless phone calls and receiving the runaround, I went back to Afghanistan to finish my deployment. I was wounded and MEDEVAC'd in Oct 2007 back to Fort Bragg (still no Part) and after receiving medical treatment was sent on convalesant leave. I finally received the intake in Dec 2007. After more treatment I installed it in Jan 2008 and the first thing it did was throw a check engine light. I called CFM themselves and found out that the intake doesnt work in trucks with Ca. Ma. or NY. emissions. It would have been nice to know that before I bought it! (I am from Ma. ) when all was said and done, I had to pay to ship it back to thoroughbred diesel, which of course I had to get verification that they received it because my trust level was pretty low by now. When they finally credited my account in March 2008 (after two more phone calls) they shorted me $20.00, I paid 169.00 and the gave me back 149.00. By this time I was done dealing with these guys and chalked the $20.00 up to "buyer beware"
The people I dealt with from CFM, Martha I believe was her name, were great. The big problem was from Thoroughbred diesel.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your service to our country and so sorry to hear that this Co. has ripped you off.
Hope you are doing better now and will be able to enjoy life again real soon.

tbreddiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is pretty rare for us to have unhappy customer at ThoroughbredDiesel.com. We ship out usually the same day you order, give free advice, have major warehouses across the country to ensure the fastest delivery while still being priced well on our products. We would like to adress this complaint so that you can see our side as a company.

Why did it take so long to get this order?
Customer ordered a product that was a preorder. Preorder means the product has not starting selling to the public yet but we are taking orders. Customer ordered this from us as a preorder. Sometimes this can take months to receive your part if you place a preorder. We are at the mercy of the manufacture, we can not ship it until it is made. As for the run around he got when he called, I think he means that we would tell him that they said they hope to ship them in 2-4 weeks. We are just passing that along.

Return Policy at Thoroughbred Diesel is you have 30 days to make a return. We always try to work with customers as best as we can. If you want to send something back we will try to let you try another comprable product.

This customer did not want another product and wanted us to pay for him to ship it back to us and issue a full return. We told him we would give him a refund, but he has to pay to ship the product to us.

So in recap he got to try out a product he bought from us for months on his truck. Decides he does not want the product and calls us. We tell him he is past 30 days which is our return policy but we will work with him. Tried to find similar products we could swap it out for. He was not interested, wanted to return it and be done. Fine, we said we would refund him but he has to pay for the product to be shipped back to us. Customer is saying buyer beware because he has to pay to ship his product back to us for a return. This is common practice when you buy online. I ordered some sofa covers, guess what, if I do not like them or they do not fit, I have to pay to ship them back to the store. Just like you pay for the gas to goto the mall and make a return.

We welcome the chance to earn your future business.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Customer ordered a product that was a preorder"
I was never told this was a pre-order, the only thing I was told is that part was being changed by the manufacturer. I asked if this meant they were putting in the drilled and tapped holes and I was told "no" it in fact did come with drilled and tapped holes.

"This customer did not want another product and wanted us to pay for him to ship it back to us and issue a full return. We told him we would give him a refund, but he has to pay to ship the product to us. "
I simply asked during the return process if they were going to send a UPS call tag or if I had to pay for shipping. What they also fail to mention is it took me two more calls after I know it was delivered (I used delivery confirmation) to get these guys to credit my account. I was told twice that it was done when it wasn't.
"So in recap he got to try out a product he bought from us for months on his truck. Decides he does not want the product and calls us"
I had the product on my truck for maybe ten minutes. once I saw that it was lighting the check engine light, I put the stock pieces back on. who wants to drive around with a check engine light on?

"Tried to find similar products we could swap it out for"
Point blank, this never happened.

"Customer is saying buyer beware because he has to pay to ship his product back to us for a return. This is common practice when you buy online. I ordered some sofa covers, guess what, if I do not like them or they do not fit, I have to pay to ship them back to the store. Just like you pay for the gas to goto the mall and make a return."

If you read my post I said "buyer beware" because I was shorted $20.00. the price of the item was $169 and I received $149. I notice that the $20.00 difference was not explained though. thank you for the in depth and intellectual explanation of how internet sales are conducted since I have never ever bought anything on the internet (extreme sarcasm)
thoroughbred diesel should call Diesel Site and ask how they do customer service, I just bought a part from them and they ROCK :sweet :clap:

"We welcome the chance to earn your future business"

Not a chance!

I am very surprised they remember so many details about this situation when they couldn't even remember what was going on every time I called them. I did speak to the same person every time. We did go beyond the standard 30 day return policy but thats because I was working with CFM directly to try and resolve the issue of the check engine light. CFM authorized the return, it just had to go through the actual vendor.
this is the last I will post about this, no need to beat a :dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14