thought this was interesting

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I recently moved to the Branson, mo area (good place to visit for those of you who have never been and look me up if you decide to come).... and was driving the strip the other night and a couple guys in a cummins with stacks was putting on a smoke show in front of me so when he pulled off i pulled off with him and starting chatting about our trucks....

long story short he said he heard that ford is considering bringing back the 7.3 with twins??

anybody heard this or know what this guy was smoking?

it got me interested anyway?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is smoke. It is an old design and could not possibly pass emissions standards of today. Ford has their own engines coming out soon.

Dave

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see what he is smoking as well. The new Ford in house built "scorpion" diesel is supposed to come out late 2010 as a 2011, from what I have heard anyway

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
That is smoke. It is an old design and could not possibly pass emissions standards of today. Ford has their own engines coming out soon.

Dave

that's what i said about the emissions.. shoot they never would've changed it to start with if it wasn't for emissions...

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
I recently moved to the Branson, mo area (good place to visit for those of you who have never been and look me up if you decide to come).... and was driving the strip the other night and a couple guys in a cummins with stacks was putting on a smoke show in front of me so when he pulled off i pulled off with him and starting chatting about our trucks....

long story short he said he heard that ford is considering bringing back the 7.3 with twins??

anybody heard this or know what this guy was smoking?

it got me interested anyway?

Strokepower,

Being the eternal optomist, I believe the 7.3 may possibly be comming back, and here's why:

Could Ford be considering multiple displacements, depending on GVW, for thier new engine? It's not unheard of; look at the GM LS family, same basic architecture with displacements ranging from 4.6L (281 CI) to 8.1L (494 CI). Since it's inhouse, Ford has greater control of packaging and engineering. So, Yes, Ford could be re-introducing a 7.3 version of the Scorpion, though light years removed from the beloved T444E we have grown to love. A larger engine would actually make sense in meeting the 2010 (and beyond) emmissions standards since none of the smaller displacement engines have been able to carry over.

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Strokepower,

Being the eternal optomist, I believe the 7.3 may possibly be comming back, and here's why:

Could Ford be considering multiple displacements, depending on GVW, for thier new engine? It's not unheard of; look at the GM LS family, same basic architecture with displacements ranging from 4.6L (281 CI) to 8.1L (494 CI). Since it's inhouse, Ford has greater control of packaging and engineering. So, Yes, Ford could be re-introducing a 7.3 version of the Scorpion, though light years removed from the beloved T444E we have grown to love. A larger engine would actually make sense in meeting the 2010 (and beyond) emmissions standards since none of the smaller displacement engines have been able to carry over.

I guess it is possible... but dang they would have to rework the entire thing to get it to meet the emissions tests...

i would just go with the old 7.3 with twins like some of those nice buildups out there:thumbs

Fine69

Reaction score
The 7.3 is International's motor, in case you've been hiding under a rock or living in a cave for the past year or so, Ford and International had a nasty little falling out over warranty costs for the 6.0. So no, you will NEVER, EVER, EVER, see another 7.3 in a new Ford truck. Did I say ever? Write it down, not gonna happen.:sorry

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58