Threw a setup in my truck (crappy video of roof flex)

Wagonized

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had a local SPL competition two weeks ago and instead of bringing my explorer I decided to throw a setup in the superduty.

I ripped out the back seat and made a quick enclosure for my 4 Digital Designs 9912s run off a single American Bass 500.1 amp (5000 rms @ 1 ohm).

For electrical system both of my batteries under the hood are pretty tired so I threw in a Hawker 2150 I had layin around. Wired that up in the back to run 3 batteries in total with the stock alternator.

Enclosure is about 10.5 cubic feet after port, brace, 45 degree corner and sub displacement. Tuned to about 28 hz with about 130 sq inches of port.:cool:

On the newer style Audiocontrol 190 pressure sensor it ended up doing 143.5 db @ 30 hz with the sensor on the dash and all windows and doors sealed. Was a little disappointed with the score, the truck seems very flimsy and flexes way too much. But it was good enough to somehow win my class even when burping 20 hz below everyone else :tounge

And on with the video.... Roof flexes about 3/4"-1" and back doors flutter a good 1/2" realistically. Same with back window. Sorry for the horrible quality...more pics and vids to come.

VIDEO_011.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wagonized

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
that is crazy would have prolly gotten more db's with the windows down least thats the way it works in my truck.

rules in dbdrag state the vehicle must be totally sealed when you burp. And not running in most classes.

But depending on your setup and where the sensor is placed you can gain or lose in your score.
Did you win?
of course! The only time Ive lost since 2004 was in the final round of world finals in 2007 when it counted. :dunno Wasnt meant to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58