throttle position sensor replace

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing a throttle sensor, does it need to be set with a meter or just installed?
also what are the other small set of wires for right next to the throttle sensor? these are attached to the pedal too?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
no and I don't know. If your truck has a baro sensor, it's located right there so maybe???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you NEED a complete set of manuals for your truck. You are asking a lot of questions that you need to answer. Try here for a set of manuals: www.helminc.com they are not cheap. Good Luck.

Dave :)

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, meaning no adjustment? sometimes these double negitaves get it confusing?
whats a baro sensor?

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, you do not need to adjust it.

What sensor did you get? I replaced mine and the truck has been erratic since. I put the old one back in, but have not driven yet. I put both on the bench to check resistance. At rest in the pedal assembly, the factory would be between .58 and .65. The replacement would be from .8 to 1.5 at rest. This was after pushing the pedal several time to get the results. Both would be at 3.3 with the pedal pressed completely.

Not sure if I just received a bad one, or if it was cheaply made. Will find out when I go for a drive.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
melmount, it is not the questions. It is the answers that don't seem to be coming back to you. That is why I recommended the manuals/CD's. I have a set for my 2004 6.0l and they are important. I don't have anything that s important to you.

Dave :)

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had/have a dead spot. You step on the pedal, and nothing happens. Stomp it to the floor, and it works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58