• Firestone

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Timbren

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to get a set of airbags for the rear of my truck. Which set is the best value? I'm kinda on a budget and had my mind set on the Firestones, but then I saw the price of the Timbrens. Now I'm starting to second guess myself because the money I'd save with the Timbrens can go towards an on-board air system and still be close to the cost of just the Firestones. I also noticed that the Air Lift kit is similarily priced to the Firestone. Both the Air Lift and Firestone kits claim 5,000 lbs capacity while the Timbrens claim 6,000 lbs.

Air Lift Kit
Firestone Kit
Timbren Kit

Basically, what would y'all go with?

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in the firestones. Even @ 5000 lbs I do beleive your truck will be grosly overloaded.

hammerdown

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the Airlift air bag along with the smart air valve. Add weight and the on-board compressor adds air to the bags, remove the weight and the smart valve dumps the air to return the truck to normal height. This is the second set I have had and I would use nothing else. Great system.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the Timbren's I've seen aren't really air bags.. they're a glorified jounce bumper. I put them on my old Suburban and discontinued the use of my Reese bars...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i say 'ixnay on the timbren-ay'.
got them on the front and after 3 years i can't stand the bounciness of them. every little bump/jump in the road is translated thru your body down your leg to the go pedal and you end up 'stomping' on the pedal like 3-4 times (kinda like you are revving the engine). it is getting old. i myself would vote for the air bags. as a side note, what to do up front for the level ride?anyone?

chief2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had them on a 03 Dodge 2500 4x4 I had and they worked very well when I had my 5'r on the truck. Cut down on the body roll and the ride wasn't that bad unloaded.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno 3rd DRW, 3rd set of Firestone "Ride-Rites". I have OBA.. it's real nice to be able to Trim yer truck to the load yer carrying or towing.

Never had the others, so I'm not down playing them... but I'v had real good service from the Ride-rites.

Joe

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Go with the airbags, the timbrens are just a jaw pounding chunk of rubber. I have the Firestone's on mine but the air lift ones are about the same thing, just go with the one you can get the best deal on..

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firestone

is what I use on my 04 and 06 F350s plus an 02 Dodge 3500...we have a dedicated trip of 800 miles daily...all kinds if weather conditions and as much as 6000 lbs of payload plus an auxillary 90 gal fueltank and no problems. All my units have the onboard compressor so its easy to keep the headlites on the road:wave

Be well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14