time for a new clutch

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
ok guys it's time for a new clutch in the truck was looking for suggestions on what to go with and a good place to get it. the truck has the mods listed in my sig any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks-cody

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys it's time for a new clutch in the truck was looking for suggestions on what to go with and a good place to get it. the truck has the mods listed in my sig any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks-cody

I went with a LUK, from dieselpowerproducts.com

Several clutch assembly packages to choose from... but which ever one you choose.. you wont believe the difference in grunt quality between a LUK and the OEM.. Light Weight set up... as compared.
Check'm out.

Joe

Last edited:

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
When a clutch slips do you smell it and what smell does it give. I felt my Rangers clutch slipping, but this truck with the load and the programer, I always try to feel the clutch and so far I have not felt anything.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a South Bend CON FE (not sure if that's the model name) clutch in his Dodge 3500 cummins. He has a tuner in his truck (but no other mods) and I'm sure the clutch was upgraded to match the power levels his truck is capable of. HOWEVER, the clutch is very agressive and very difficult to drive in low speed backing situations like with a trailer or into his garage. I can verify that too as I have driven it and it's more like engaged/disengaged with not much feathering possible.

I see in your signature that you have an SCT Tuner. I only mention this scenario so that you are aware that a more agressive clutch setup will compromise some of the "everyday" drivability in the name of more power capacity if that is one of the criteria you are using in your search for a new clutch. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
thanks guys for all of the help ive talked to the guy i usuallly get my stuff from and he said i could go with the southbend or the luk for the same money with a new flywheel included.....and really i dnt smell much anymore as it sounds more like your situation i really have no feel left in the clutch a slight burnt clutch smell if i try to hold it a little but im just poopin it ans shiftin right now until i get it put in of course its not something i know how to do and got "temporarily" laid off haha so not much extra funds laying around right now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14