Time for a new t-stat?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for a new t-stat?---update

Hey guys, was thinking my t-stat might be stuck open. This truck seems to take forever to warm up. Even with temps in the 50's - 60's and street driving and then about 10+ on the highway at 65 it still doesn't seem to warm up all the way to the idiot guage "o". I know i need to get a real temp guage, just need the time and $. anyways even when i was plowing snow, the truck would be running for 10 hours plus at times and if it sat for 30 min running the ebpv would start again to warm it up. i even had a winter cover on the front too. My question is: does your truck take this long to warm up? should I go with the 203* t-stat even though i'm bone stock? thanks for the input.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I recently changed my 203 thermo to a new one and the engine heats up alot faster,I also upgraded the stock thermo housing to the billet which 100% better!

I change my thermo out every 1-2 years to be sure it's working normally and for the price I can't see it breaking the bank;)

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is therer a vendor here to get those, i'm sure there is just having trouble finding

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i installed to 203 t-stat, i can say that i start having heat within probably 5-7 min of driving thats about twice as fast as before. the old one was pain to get out it was stuck due to corrosion, flushed and filled and seems to be running good. thanks guys.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Even with a 203* tstat, don't rely on the dash dummy coolant gauge. As you mentioned, save up for gauges.

plowhand

Playing in the dirt
Reaction score
The easiest place is on the water pump next to the factory sending unit (at the thermostat housing). There is a plug on the top and side of the water pump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58