Time for new batteries?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Hey guys,

About a week ago, i noticed while starting my truck, it sounded noticeably slower on the first few cranks. It still cranks up every time and sounds the same, but i'm just trying to pinpoint the culprit here and avoid getting stuck on the side of the road.

Anyone?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
yeah ive been meaning to do that. just havent had the time. i know autozone and orielly's do free testing right?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah ive been meaning to do that. just havent had the time. i know autozone and orielly's do free testing right?

They will test them free, but some of their employees might not be.. up to speed on dual battery set-ups... be sure they disconnect them from each-other and test each battery.. independently. Isolated from your truck too..

If one Battery needs replacement ? Replace them both. (an older battery will pull a New battery down.)

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Big Joe said, Plus I think I would stay with a Motorcraft Battery.
Doug

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
the batteries are about 5 years old. they are the duralast gold batteries.

and you were exactly right big joe. I went to Autozone and asked one of the guys to test my batteries. the guy grabs a tester and goes to walk out and another guy says to him, you need to bring a wrench. the other guy looks at him funny and asks why. the guy says you said batteries right? i said yes. so i unhooked both batts and turns out the driver side one is bad.

I'll be getting some motorcrafts. ive heard good things about them and love sticking with Ford parts when its best.

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is great life. I'm in Phx, A/Z. If you get 3 years that's great. Agree with everyone. Test both separate, and if one is bad replace both. I have always done that except on my own truck 2 times. And I've been stuck 2 times for it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

and you were exactly right big joe. I went to Autozone and asked one of the guys to test my batteries. the guy grabs a tester and goes to walk out and another guy says to him, you need to bring a wrench. the other guy looks at him funny and asks why. the guy says you said batteries right? i said yes. so i unhooked both batts and turns out the driver side one is bad.

I'll be getting some motorcrafts. ive heard good things about them and love sticking with Ford parts when its best.

;);tu

2 Motorcrafts are a good chioce too. FWIW

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

average battery life is 4 years, irregardless of warranty..
A lot of guys say Motorcraft, but Carquest batteries have won the Battery Shootout the last 4 years running..

I have NAPA Legends in mine...
I'll tell you the story some time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58