Question Time for Shocks

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is time for me to change the shocks in my F250 and I was wondering what everybody thinks of the Rancho shock and how easy is it to replace them?:confused:

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Piece of cake to replace, unless the bolts are rusted solid. Should be a couple of hours at the most. The rancho shoks are great if you do alot of off roading, or travel on rough roads. But most don't have the gas charge in them that really smooths the ride on the highway. Most guys on here reccommend the bilstiens for these trucks, I haven't experienced it for myself, but I believe that when i do them, I'll do bilstiens. jmo

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins are GREAT! I have been running them for several years and I would not have anything else, for my driving. I do drive mostly on the roadways, with some off road mixed in.

Dave

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the factory Rancho's in mine and have been impressed in their handling and ride quality - I hear good things about Bilsteins but they are more money than Rancho's.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the Rancho 9000 xs

50 bux a piece with rebate, They are adjustable and setting my fronts a little stiffer then the rear makes for a great ride in MY truck.:sweet

Your mileage may vary.........:lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I put Monroe Gas Magnums on mine..
whatever you do, choose a mono-tube design (if the parts monkey doesn't know, walk out).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg