Time for shocks

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
I need you folk's thought's on shocks for my '95 reg cab 2wd. Are there any special tools I'll need to change them out?

TIA

Max Power

Reaction score
What kind of shocks are you looking at? I have bilsteins on my truck and I really like them. They are supposed to be some of the best shocks on the market for durability etc.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Bilstein's, Rancho, Monroe. Since I do not do alot of off-roading I guess I am looking at comfort (dang must be gettin old huh?) more than anything. Are any of them adjustable? Say if I was going to be off road could I manually adjust the firmness and then set it back when I'm back on pavement?? Guess that'd be asking a lot :)

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to buy bilstiens? I would prefer to order from a loyal sponsor. Are bilsteins the best choice for my 02 X & 01 CC 4x4?

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
John, both the Rancho's and the Bilsteins are adjustable.......

Thanks Mike :sweet I'll check out eshock when I get home

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've got Edelbrock IAS shocks on my truck and I love them. They're also available on eshocks.com. When I was in the market for shocks after doing some research, I found out that only Edelbrock offers different front shocks for gassers and for diesels. Since our front ends are that much heavier than gassers I wanted a front shock specifically designed for out truck.

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting point for shocks, diesel vs. gasser. How's the Edelbrock's ride & perform? My concerns or thought's are that unless you have installed both brands & ridden in both. How could anyone really give a solid opinion?

Working in the RV toy industry, I routinely bought and tested both brands or multiple brands of accessories and then gave my responses accordingly. That is expensive, but what usually happened is I'd buy one brand, not be 100% satisfied & buy another. Once having both brands side by side, I could let people see the differences for themselves & they could be comfortable in purchasing the right product.

Hopefully someone has this experience with shocks & can give that type of feedback. If not, I'll probably end up buying and trying more than one brand. Someone please save me from myself!!! My wife no longer says a word about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58