Time to clean IC boots

SprintRacer26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the long weekend ahead I plan on ripping into the IC and cleaning the boots. The boot connecting to the IC on both sides are super oily. Should I yank the IC out and clean it too or will just doing the boots be fine? I dont think I'm loosing any boost because performance is still pretty good.

One concern I have is finding a bad boot or breaking one getting it out. Is there hose material I can buy from goodyear or someone similar that will work incase this happens (and without going to the stealership for replacements). I thought I read on one of these forums about buying a special type hose in bulk and cutting it to length for about 1/2 the price of the aftermarket replacement boots?

I do think before I get started I'll make an adapter to pressurize the system and see if I do have any leaks.

Car_nut57

Reaction score
You may want to consider replacing the stock hoses with Hump hoses ot a tube kit with Hump Hoses. If you use the complete tube kit, you can use Hump Hoses to connect to the intercooler as well.
Tube_kit.JPG
The Hump hoses are much thicker and have more reinforcement than the stock hoses and the hump will prevent them from walking even with oil present.

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sprintracer26,

I removed my OEM, inspected, cleaned the hoses and pipes and reinstalled.
Make sure all mating surfaces are oil free (I used Simply Green) and the hose clamps are tight.

You should be O.K. with the current setup.

Hopes this helps.

Butch Cassidy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58