Time to identify a sound...

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one other unidentifiable sound I can't figure out where it's coming from as of right now. It's a slight chattering "squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak" - sounds like metal touching something that's spinning, this is from a dead stop or close to it up until about 8-10 MPH then ceases to make noise. Only happens driving foward.

Ideas? Think it could be a caliper shim touching the rotor? Anything in the driveline?

Sounds seems to be originating from the drivers side, can't tell but it might be coming from the rear, or atleast the sound is traveling from the front to the rear. Would one seized or about to be seized bearing cap on a u-joint make that sound?

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be. 60 thousand miles, probably never been replaced before. That number seems kinda low to me?

Shouldn't the driveshaft have some play in it though? It didn't budge or turn in either direction the slightest when I just did a quick inspection.

atk

Reaction score
if you keep driving it there will be play....probaly just starting to go....lack of grease in bearing cap....hope this helps...

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

I do believe you're right ATK, will be replacing them this weekend. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl