Time to play what are these parts for???

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West Deptford, Gloucester County, Southern New Jer
I've always wondered what these are for:
detail
detail
detail
, and
detail
. I obviously know they are the male and female counterparts of each other but what purpose do they serve on the rear doors and lift gate?

Next:
detail
. Looks like a vent of some sort to me.....

Next:
detail
. No idea, but it looks like some should slip in there.

Next:
detail
, and
detail
. Why all the holes?

Finally what under here?:
detail
detail
. I wish I could put another one of these there -
detail
but I'm afraid to cut the slots out to see wahts under there.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The top ones are guides(male/female)
That is a vent similar to the one used on the superduties,it's used for "thru" air when you have the heat or AC on(not MAX)
The black thingy on the drivers side door I believe is for the cargo net although our's is still in the factory packaging.
Looks like the slots in the fiberglas on the liftgate are for drains but unsure.
You like the pass side dummy plate too:D Ford shoulda made it a cubby just like the drivers side but why they didn't I'll never know:D

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
The top ones are guides(male/female)
That is a vent similar to the one used on the superduties,it's used for "thru" air when you have the heat or AC on(not MAX)
The black thingy on the drivers side door I believe is for the cargo net although our's is still in the factory packaging.
Looks like the slots in the fiberglas on the liftgate are for drains but unsure.
You like the pass side dummy plate too:D Ford shoulda made it a cubby just like the drivers side but why they didn't I'll never know:D

I kind of figured they were guides of some sort. When I first got the truck I kept spraying the female parts with WD-40, thinking that's where the door switches were causing the door ajar light to stay on. I've since learned the switches are elsewhere.

I bought my truck 2nd hand and the cargo net that came with the truck is designed to go on the floor and it has 4 clips to attach to the tie downs on the floor. Maybe I'm missing something for my truck. No big deal I guess.

That dummy plate drive me nuts. Prefectly good space wasted!

Thanks for the reply.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Might have to graft in a custom cubby for the right side now:D I'll check out to see if there's anything behind the panel that could be an issue.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the passeger side is all the rear ac ducting etc.... but bet there's still room for another "secret" storage compartment :)
the side panel is not difficult to remove if you want to see what's behind there.
or just go to your freindly ford parts store and ask to see the schematic...

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
the passeger side is all the rear ac ducting etc.... but bet there's still room for another "secret" storage compartment :)
the side panel is not difficult to remove if you want to see what's behind there.
or just go to your freindly ford parts store and ask to see the schematic...

Bet that little compartment is like $10,000.00 or so.......... I'll have to pay a visit to the wrecking yard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14