Time will tell now

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just serviced the PSD, added 64 oz of Hot Shot to the oil change this time and we are getting ready to leave on a little family jaunt with the TT in tow. Will be interesting to see how or if performance or mileage picks up some. Ive been having a bit of a dead peddle issue (no balls on initial acceleration) and I am curious if the HSS will minimize or eliminate the issue. I also pulled the EGR and cleaned it this morning too. It wasnt all that dirty but then again, Ive never done it before so I dont know what they are supposed to look like when they are totally fouled.

atk

Reaction score
are you having this issue with the SCT tunes, or in stock programming?...only cleaned mine(EGR) once since i owned it, it wasn`t that bad either....been running it unplugged for the last 2 months and seems to run a bit better(smoother)....have a safe trip

do you have any codes?
did you do all the filters?

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Just serviced the PSD, added 64 oz of Hot Shot to the oil change this time and we are getting ready to leave on a little family jaunt with the TT in tow. Will be interesting to see how or if performance or mileage picks up some. Ive been having a bit of a dead peddle issue (no balls on initial acceleration) and I am curious if the HSS will minimize or eliminate the issue. I also pulled the EGR and cleaned it this morning too. It wasnt all that dirty but then again, Ive never done it before so I dont know what they are supposed to look like when they are totally fouled.

i know a guy in sotuh florida that tunes the sct and he has some files that pretty much drop th edead pedal at go syndrome and the unlocking of th etq as well as no boost dump for those off and back on pedals in traffic.
pm me iffin you need his number

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
are you having this issue with the SCT tunes, or in stock programming?...only cleaned mine(EGR) once since i owned it, it wasn`t that bad either....been running it unplugged for the last 2 months and seems to run a bit better(smoother)....have a safe trip

do you have any codes?
did you do all the filters?

Issue is present with the SCT tunes and in stock trim.

No codes and didnt do fuel filters.

atk

Reaction score
Issue is present with the SCT tunes and in stock trim.

No codes and didnt do fuel filters.

1-how long has it been since last fuel filter`s change?
2-have you tried diesel from a different station?
3-still pulling good boost numbers?

my truck was doing the same, before the fuel pump quit...

atk

Reaction score
it`s worth a shot. never know if you got some dirty fuel somewhere....probaly good time to drain the HFCM, but you probaly know that....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg