tire and wheel questions

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am debating between running 37's on 18's or sticking with the 35" and running 20 or 22" wheels.

1) How much faster will the steering components wear out running 37's compared to 35's?

2) How much is the ride affected by running 20+" wheels with 35's. Ive had 20's on an SUV and they road great, but im not sure how they would feel with the stiff F-350 leaf springs.

Any help is appreciated.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
i don't know about question number 2, but I think the steering components life depends on the backspacing/offset of the rim. Deep dish rims put a lot of stress on your ball joints and such.

truck are supposed to be bouncy, thats part of their charm :thumbs

nice looking rig!

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know about question number 2, but I think the steering components life depends on the backspacing/offset of the rim. Deep dish rims put a lot of stress on your ball joints and such.

truck are supposed to be bouncy, thats part of their charm :thumbs

nice looking rig!

Thanks. I agree, trucks are supposed to be noisy and bouncy. I just dont want it to be even more bouncy.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 38's on 20x10" wheels and still have the original tie rod ends and other steering components at 190K miles. I have replaced my ball joints once (all 4) and both wheel bearings once also. I ran 37's on 16x10" wheels before I got my 38's. I think the ride is much better with the 20's and you really notice the difference in sidewall roll/ flex. Hope this helps!

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so do you currently have those 35s on your stock 18" wheels? Cause I might be looking for some if they have some life left in them.

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, thats what I currently have. They have a decent amount of life on them too. The only problem is that there probably not were paying to ship them to washington.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14