Tire cleaning Question

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
I know alot of guys use tire shine as do I, and Ive got a question. When your cleaning your tires is there a way to do it without blacking out my tire brush? I always get the black gunk all over the brush and have to clean the brush out as long as it takes me to clean the tires. thanks- Zach

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. I have been using Bleachy White it helps alittle bit with the tire brush afterwards.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could just spray straight simple green on them, and then power wash it off. Put your dressing on, and you are set. You do want to make sure that you put the dressing asap after cleaning them.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Or you could just spray straight simple green on them, and then power wash it off. Put your dressing on, and you are set. You do want to make sure that you put the dressing asap after cleaning them.

SimpleG.jpg

Simple Green is the BOMB! good engine cleaner too. :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you use simple green on your alum wheels, ensure its rinsed about three times.
the simple green is a fantastic cleaner and very bio friendly.

HOWEVER it contains a substance called di-limolene which is very corrosive to alum and magnesium surfaces.
it will wick its way between the alum wheel and the steel rotor surface and wreak havoc on the aluminum, it actually thrives in an concentration cell that is set up between the two disimiliar metals it will remove hydrogen atoms from the alum and cause hydrogen embrittlement, or as we like to call it (wheel break off )
no it doesnt happen over night, but yes before you know it, you can drasticaly weaken your wheels strenght.

this is why is soooooo important to rinse it very well.

for me i use the same soap i use for the paint, and a different brush, followed by turtle wax tire wax for a dressing, it will build up layers and doenst spin off or remain sticky.
as for the brush... it gets cleaned up real good afterwards, that brake dust and grime is tough.

this goes for all your under hood alum items as well, rinse em real well with a soft spray and follow up with a water displacing compound to get the water away from any alum surface. As for your wheels, when you do your rotations you should apply a thin coat of antisieze on the mating surfaces of the alum wheel and steel hub contact points.
the reason the company hasnt changed this formula, is that it works so well and the run off of soap is just to bio friendly, no fish or critters get hurt. soap run off, not dust and oily grime run off
this concludes your corrosion lesson for today :thumbs :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58