tire opinions for an 07 dually

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted in SO long. Been real busy with my company. Anyways, I have 21000 miles on my 07 dually 4x4 and the tires aren't looking all that great. I swapped out the rugged trails on day one and replaced them with bfg KOs. They have held up well, but now the ride kinda sucks and I only think I'll make it to 30 on these. So the question is...... The truck sees mostly highway, but plows snow, and yada yada. So i need an at tire really. Whats everyone using out there??? Keep in mind, the 05 and up are 17" rims and tire selection is limited. Anyone running the new michelin AS? My tire guys are saying firestone transforce at. Any suggestions? thanks guys.

Dan

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had much luck with BFG's, always had good luck with michelins, and never ran any firestones. Right now my winter tires are Pro-comp all-terrians they seem to be wearing really well (already have 2 winters on them) and have a decent all-season tread. Just my :2c

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I would suggest the Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrains, really good tire, great on the snow and ice, 40k mile warranty, there quiet and have a large selection of sizes available.:sweet

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
remember i'm looking for DUALLY tires that need to carry weight. I'm a contractor. I tow and haul all the time and put 25k on a year. This is why the dilemna, according to tirerack, there are 7 tires that fit my truck.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
My ProComp Extreme All Terrains have an E load range rating, should be able to haul all the weight you need up to and including your max rated GVWR:sweet

4drdually

Wrench Head
Reaction score
they come in like 10 sizes, and are 2 plys. I can get 3 ply in extremes, but i don't want an off road tire. I'm looking for a commercial tire, or an all terrain to stand up to the abuse. Plus, I'm no way spending that much per tire. I could buy 2 sets of BFs for that and get more mileage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58