tires, exhaust, tuner

twreit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and hope to get some advice from people that know what they are talking about. I have a 2000 f250 C/C with 8' bed and no lift all stock. I just installed the Rancho XL9000 adjustabe shocks with the My ride tuner set up. Also just installed an AFE stage 2 cold air intake. My next project will be the exhaust, I am thinking of a magnaflow 5" but am not sure if I should go with the turbo back or the cat back. Also would love to go a little bigger with the wheels and tires. I hear I can go with 285/75/16 without having to lift, is that right or would I have to worry about rubbing? would also like to go with some sort of tuner mostly for fuel economy but any perfomance increases would be nice also. Any advice on make and models I should consider would really be appreciated. By the way I just hit 80,000 miles on her.

Thanks
Wayne

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place! Well I've heard great things on MBRP's exhaust systems. Liked them so much thats what I bought for mine. 7.3s need to breathe better so I'd go with just the 4". 5" is probably a lil overkill if you arent goin with serious power. 4" is plenty for what yer doing. I'd also go turbo back and get a good stainless system and not the aluminized. Worth the extra money for the ss. I have 285's on my 99 and the suspension is stock and I have no rub issues. Looks good with the 285's. I think you can go a lil bigger than that without rubbin but not sure. Tuners I'd go with a DP tuner chip or TW chip. I dont personally have one but will be gettin the DP tuner chip likely. If you dont already have gauges, get them before you get a tuner! Got to keep an eye on yer vitals so you dont melt anything. Yer foot will get heavier with any mods and molten aluminum is expensive to replace.

Last edited:

ACF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wayne I am running that same size only in an 18" rim on my 06 no rubbing and fills the wheel well nicely I have the magnaflow it hums nicely but not obnoxious w/ the col air intake and the exhaust truck breaths alot better I would recomend Nitto terra grappler its a great all around tire. Im interested in purchasing those Ranchos you have as well as the my ride system let me know what you think of it.

twreit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rancho shocks

I purchased the Ranchos last year from 4Wheelonline and the deal I got was unreal. 1st the shocks were buy 3 get the 4th free 2nd the My Ride was free with the purchase of 4 of the 9000's 3rd there was also a rebate for purchasing the 4 9000's so it really was a great deal. I think I ended up paying somewhere around $60 a shock and the My Ride was free. Now as far as performance to Me they where a huge improvement over the stock shocks, the adjust ability is great. would You know if the 285/75/16 tires would fit on the stock 7.5 rims or would I have to go with 8inch rims?
Wayne

ACF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im sure you shouldnt have a problem with the 7.5" rim not sure what mine is but its stock so I imagine same as yours any local tire shop would know for sure.

twreit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just to let You know 4Wheelonline is having some kind of sale on the Ranchos now, so You might want to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim