to fix or to replace?? please what do yall think

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I test drove a 7.3 psd along time ago before I bought my current truck and it had the same symptom as yers. Sounded nasty at idle but as soon as you brought the rpm's up just a lil bit sounded great. Everyone on here said it was probably the torque converter. Sounds like a bunch of bb's rollin around. If you do the work yerself would be cheaper.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I test drove a 7.3 psd along time ago before I bought my current truck and it had the same symptom as yers. Sounded nasty at idle but as soon as you brought the rpm's up just a lil bit sounded great. Everyone on here said it was probably the torque converter. Sounds like a bunch of bb's rollin around. If you do the work yerself would be cheaper.

Yea , I've heard that too, the sound is defiantly engine, its there with the trans unhoOked and running:( I have new tc, trans, flywheel, spares now

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Well the other truck was a bust, so on too plan b, how to make an aframe engine hoist.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
450k+ ehhhhh condition, but 450k on drive line was the deal breaker for me,- this is why I can never go by what my dad says" never never correct info, how it went from 150k to 450k+ gots me,

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
450k+ ehhhhh condition, but 450k on drive line was the deal breaker for me,- this is why I can never go by what my dad says" never never correct info, how it went from 150k to 450k+ gots me,

Yea big diff in numbers there. I'd go after it IF it was dirt cheap or somethin. Price would have to be just right on that one.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
i dont see a good thing comin from spendin 3100.00 on the 450+ mile truck,

All comes down to havin the records on the truck for all the servicing that has been done to it. If I know the history even if its got a lot of miles on it I'd go after it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14