To help you feel better about your age

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post was even started while Bush was President. :)
I remember not having electricity, running water, having to haul water, using a logging trail for a driveway, going to the outdoor john.

My dad built the house that mom is still living in, in 1957 when I was 5. He cleared off a spot in the timber to build the house. Originally it was 20 x 20 feet, only two rooms. Over the next few years he'd add a room or two as he could afford the materials. We did use a logging trail for a driveway for a few months until he cleared a driveway (timber company gave him a 50 foot wide and 200 yard long easement for a driveway and power line. We moved into the house in April and didn't get electricity for awhile and didn't have propane until that fall. My mom cooked all summer on a wood stove. We didn't have a well, which my dad dug with a post hole digger, until a couple of years later, and had to haul water from my grandparent's house a half mile away. The well originally was 25 feet deep and 36 inches wide, later had to dig it a little deeper to 45 feet. It was actually several years later that we put a pump on the well and had running water.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14