Toe Mirror Parts Availability

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Are parts available for the telescoping tow mirrors or are they sold as a unit? After three years of backing out of the garage with very little clearance the wife decided to bump the mirror. Ours is a 2000 so they don't fold backward very well. The triangle shaped piece of plastic that is up against the door frame ended up with a small crack on the front of it. It is hardly noticeable but I would like to replace it unless I have to buy the whole mirror. I replaced the right one back when we purchased the X because it did not telescope and we needed the clearance of a telescoping unit to get in the garage and at that time I had to purchase the whole unit to get the telescoping arms. Is the triangle shaped piece replaceable?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the only "parts" thats seperate are the mirror glass, and the "clamshell" back. The arms and base (and the triangle piece I think your talking about) are all part of one base unit.

Its a pain to get that triangle piece off. I know. I took mine apart to paint them.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well maybe I can find a mirror that took a head-on hit and get the base off of it. I hate to spend several hundred dollars to fix a hairline crack. Anyone know someone that wiped one out while going forward?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I believe the only "parts" thats seperate are the mirror glass, and the "clamshell" back. The arms and base (and the triangle piece I think your talking about) are all part of one base unit.

Its a pain to get that triangle piece off. I know. I took mine apart to paint them.
Daryl have you seen the part numbers around for the turn signal lenses on the mirrors?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cant get JUST the lens. You have to order the whole clamshell, and that clamshell only fits the later mirrors, so you cant install the blinker shells on non blinker mirrors. I believe they also sell two mirror backs. One is smooth, and one is dimpled. The smooth ones get painted for king ranch mirrors.

I dont know the part numbers.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Crumm said:
After three years of backing out of the garage with very little clearance the wife decided to bump the mirror.
For the goodness of my health I have to add that I called her on her cell phone just as she was backing out of the garage. Since I broke her concentration while she was backing out the cracked mirror mount is my fault. All my fault..

Max Power

Reaction score
It's always our fault. :)

I think I have a parts mirror around. I can't remember what is good and what is bad. I'll have a look and let you know.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
you cant get JUST the lens. You have to order the whole clamshell, and that clamshell only fits the later mirrors, so you cant install the blinker shells on non blinker mirrors. I believe they also sell two mirror backs. One is smooth, and one is dimpled. The smooth ones get painted for king ranch mirrors.

I dont know the part numbers.
Oh okay thanks Daryl :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58