Question too much oil on dip stick

Fine69

Reaction score
Fine69 why are you so skeptical against 10K intervals? 3000 miles interval is bunk sold by the oil change industry. oil and engine technology have advanced so much, 10kis nothing.

if you think that fuel hitting $5 a gallon is going to be bad, you will be changing your tune when lube oil hits $40-$50 a gallon!

The original post is proof enough that 10,000 miles is too long. These DPF motors are proven to dilute the oil with fuel. I don't see motor oil getting to $40-50/gallon anytime soon. I still say oil's cheaper than a motor.

Fine69

Reaction score
You guys are making me like my old 6.0 more all the time.
Pulled my fifthwheel 420 miles yesterday and it got 10.9 mpg
on the trip.
Doug

Doug, I've had a 6.0, you couldn't give me 10 of them for my 6.4! No oil leaks, no turbo vanes getting stuck constantly. I can deal with the worse fuel economy, at least this 6.4 isn't at the Ford Dealer every 6 months like my 6.0 was.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Doug, I've had a 6.0, you couldn't give me 10 of them for my 6.4! No oil leaks, no turbo vanes getting stuck constantly. I can deal with the worse fuel economy, at least this 6.4 isn't at the Ford Dealer every 6 months like my 6.0 was.

Im glad I have the 7.3!:D

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes the 6.4 does have issues with fuel injectors leaking into the crankcase. I Have seen many at work. I changed the oil on it and about 15 quarts came out!. Not a good thing. As far as changing your oil every 10k. I dont care what the manual says. I would do it 5000 to 7500. Its just to big of a risk for these 6.4. I would go right to the dealer.

Fine69

Reaction score
Yes the 6.4 does have issues with fuel injectors leaking into the crankcase. I Have seen many at work. I changed the oil on it and about 15 quarts came out!. Not a good thing. As far as changing your oil every 10k. I dont care what the manual says. I would do it 5000 to 7500. Its just to big of a risk for these 6.4. I would go right to the dealer.

I would be VERY worried if I DIDN'T get 15 quarts! 15 Qts is the correct amount of oil for a 6.4:doh:

dmayhew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you are not really up tp date on this topic, the motor holds 15 quarts.

David

Last edited:

dmayhew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Fine69

Thanks for the input.

We do like the truck.

David

Fine69

Reaction score
No Problem, thats why we're here!;tu

I think if I were you, I would change the oil change interval to 7500 and send a sample to Blackstone Labs for testing. If the fuel is still high, go to 5000 miles. I stick to 3000 miles because my truck sits for extended periods of time, and like I said, IMO, oil is cheap! Good Luck with your truck, take care of it and it will last a long time.

dmayhew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No Problem, thats why we're here!;tu

I think if I were you, I would change the oil change interval to 7500 and send a sample to Blackstone Labs for testing. If the fuel is still high, go to 5000 miles. I stick to 3000 miles because my truck sits for extended periods of time, and like I said, IMO, oil is cheap! Good Luck with your truck, take care of it and it will last a long time.

Fine69

The truck was in to the dealership this week for a update to the computer
While there, I put the issue of the over full on the record. I also allowed the dealer to change the oil so they have a new change that they did as a bench mark.

This truck belongs to our 16 year old daughter who drives the wheels off if it, but the use is not heavy duty use.

We got the truck 08-16, and it has 15k miles on it.

I looked back at my notes and the 1st change was closer to 8k not 10k
going forward, we will watch it close and keep the dealer in the loop.

The dealer contacted Ford and the factory has the issue report on this VIN.

At this time we are not worried and if there does become a larger issue , the warranty is there for that.

David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58