took the plunge today

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out today and bought the wife a new Ford Flex today. It was actually her choice even though it was the one I wanted. Her first choice was a Honda Pilot but as soon as she drove it she said "nope" She drove the flex and fell in love.
We bought the fully loaded Flex Limited. Has the sync, navigation, vista roof, dual headrest DVD for the rugrats, leather and just about everything else you can think of.

Its that white platinum metallic with black leather interior. They had a 2010 SD Diesel in the showroom that was the exact same color... hmmmmm Nah I will wait until the new one is out a few years first.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Let us know how you both like it. I maybe in the market for something along those lines...

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
we had one as a rental one time. weird looking little car, but i gotta admit...there was lots of room and I reall liked the way it drove.

If they made it in a V-8...that would be sweet.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Those are nice :sweet, wanted my mom to trade her explorer in on one...

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, send pics. The Flex is a nice looking vehicle. I've sat in them on the lots, when you raise the seat to the maximum level, it's almost like sitting in a truck. My favorite color of a Flex is Red with the White top. My dad had a 1970 F-100 (later given to me) that was Red/White.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get some pics up this weekend. My wife loves it more the more she drives it. The roominess incredible. I sat in the back seat with the front seat all the way back and had plenty of room (I am 6'4") The Mircrosoft Sync is awesome as well. There is so much in it that we have to learn about. I spent a half hour looking at the DVD that came with it today but I need the truck here to watch a segment then try it.
I will report in more when I take pics.

Edit: The Flex is available with the new Eco-boost V-6. 355 HP I believe but ours has the regular 3.5 V-6. The Eco-boost is supposed to be a great engine but it is quite an expensive option.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58