tool kit recomendations

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm out to pick all the parts off of a 02 f350 needed to add ac to my 99. Ill be taking the basics like wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers. Are there any special tools u recommend I take to get the parts off? Ill be taking everything I can think of : condenser, lines, compressor, heater box, controls, and vacuums.

Any advice would be great. Id hate to get out there and need 1 thing to get it apart. Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm out to pick all the parts off of a 02 f350 needed to add ac to my 99. Ill be taking the basics like wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers. Are there any special tools u recommend I take to get the parts off? Ill be taking everything I can think of : condenser, lines, compressor, heater box, controls, and vacuums.

Any advice would be great. Id hate to get out there and need 1 thing to get it apart. Thanks

Bolt cutter

Pair of good (long) pry bars

wire cutters

Set of Tubing wrenches

Joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things like condenser, lines and compressor. I would not waste your time. unless the system is sealed up they they were working a few weeks ago they will turn to crap sitting. If your using them to match thats cool do get the mounting brackets

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, i wasn't sure what would be reusable because I don't know how long its been sitting, but I figured I would grab them all in case I need a part interchange or reference. I get all of it anyways for next to nothing.

I'm worried that getting the heater/evaporator box out will be a nightmare. I've pulled several different mustangs apart but never a super duty.

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just found out this parts truck is an 04, not an 02. Will the 6.0 parts even work with my truck (early 1999)?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score

Not a single VT365 engine component or transmission component with fit your T444E but by all means take the rest of the truck apart to it's skeleton. 2005 is when all the suspension, nose, etc changed. If your getting it for cheap fill the bed of yours and hang onto it, never know when you'll need something.

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a single VT365 engine component or transmission component with fit your T444E but by all means take the rest of the truck apart to it's skeleton. 2005 is when all the suspension, nose, etc changed. If your getting it for cheap fill the bed of yours and hang onto it, never know when you'll need something.

so none of the a/c stuff will work for me?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Sorry

I meant most of the brunt components, I don't know 100% about the A/C system, compressor-no, Lines-probably not, condenser- not sure and the heater box should be the same but line entries and exits might be different. Somebody should be here shortly to give accurate info I'm sure.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is mounting the compressor to the motor. The 7.3 mount might not work with the 6.0 compressor. I don't know for sure, but my guess is 100% NO. All the rest will work if you can get it to mount in your truck. Good Luck, you will need it.

Dave

Bbasso

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Think recycling some of the parts for $, could yield you some decent money If you are not paying or not paying much for the parts...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58