TOOLBOX WITH FUEL TANK?

firedude9052000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES A TOOLBOX THAT HAS A FUEL TANK IN THE BOTTOM OF IT. PERHAPS ONE THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO PLUMB INTO THE EXISTING FUEL TANK SO I HAVE AN EXTENDED RANGE WITH THE ADDITIONAL FUEL? I USED TO WORK WITH A GUY WHO HAD A NEW DODGE CUMMINS AND HE HAD A TOOL BOX WITH THE FUEL TANK IN THE BOTTOM PORTION OF IT AND HE HAD IT PLUMBED INTO HIS ORIGINAL TANK USING THE FUEL RETURN LINE, SO THAT WHEN THE FUEL GAUGE STARTED TO DROP HE KNEW IT WAS TIME TO FILL THE AUXILLARY TANK. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE IT WILL WORK ON A FORD POWERSTROKE? IM KINDA NEW TO THE DIESEL ENGINES AND THE WAY THEY RUN. IVE ONLY DRIVEN THEM FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS AT THE FIREHOUSE, BUT NEVER REALLY HAD MUCH OF A CHANCE TO WORK ON THEM. ANY IDEAS OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

TYLER
ST LOUIS, MO

2006 F-250 CREWCAB 6.0 DIESEL 5 SPEED TORQSHIFT.. BONE STOCK... FOR NOW;)

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Dude, do you have to SHOUT? :dunno You might want to see if there is a local fabrication shop that can do the job. There is a guy here in town that can do ANYTHING in diamondplate, including just what you are looking for.

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out a Tractor Supply Co store in your area. I have seen what you are looking for in the store but couldn't find anything on their website.

firedude9052000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim,
Your running the Banks Big Hoss package? How is that working out for 'ya? I am thinking of putting that type of Banks kit on my truck but I've heard a few negatives on it. Does it seem like it really helped with HP/TQ/EGT? Just curious.

jwoodard

2004 F250 SD HD
Reaction score
Firedude,

I really am pleased with the Banks Big Hoss bundle with PDA assist. As you know it has different power settings that you can change on the fly. There is a definite improvement in performance (HP/TQ) at the higher power settings and I have yet to see EGT above 950 -1000.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firedude9052000, I found a used 50 gal tank toolbox today. send me a PM and I will give you the dudes number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14