Torqshift blues

Havoc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently put the Banks six gun with power pda on my '05, and was looking foward to pushing a button for more power. I was more than a little dissapointed about the adaptive shifting of the torqshift. It turns out that you have to re-teach the tranny for each level you increase, and it is not a quick and easy process. Is there a way to avoid doing this, or a way to eliminate the adaptive shifting of the torqshift?

Thanks.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Havoc said:
I recently put the Banks six gun with power pda on my '05, and was looking foward to pushing a button for more power. I was more than a little dissapointed about the adaptive shifting of the torqshift. It turns out that you have to re-teach the tranny for each level you increase, and it is not a quick and easy process. Is there a way to avoid doing this, or a way to eliminate the adaptive shifting of the torqshift?

Thanks.

its really not that big of a deal. i have the banks bighoss bundle on my truck. i found a stretch of road where there was not alot of traffic, i would pull out onto the highway, stop, and then PUNCHED IT!!!!!.

i just followed this same pattern for 3 times and on the 4th. time, you get upto about 15, 20 mph and punch it again upto 60 mph.

do it in each of the 6 levels, took about 15 minutes, but was a blast.

if you don't want to do it, just don't i guess, i enjoyed playing around with my new found power. i mean its only a matter of time until your punchin it everytime you get in it anyways.
:burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
its really not that big of a deal. i have the banks bighoss bundle on my truck. i found a stretch of road where there was not alot of traffic, i would pull out onto the highway, stop, and then PUNCHED IT!!!!!.

i just followed this same pattern for 3 times and on the 4th. time, you get upto about 15, 20 mph and punch it again upto 60 mph.

do it in each of the 6 levels, took about 15 minutes, but was a blast.

if you don't want to do it, just don't i guess, i enjoyed playing around with my new found power. i mean its only a matter of time until your punchin it everytime you get in it anyways.
:burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit

i will echo these thoughts and procedures. i don't have the six gun, would like it. when i was looking at getting it, i called around to shop for deals and ended up speaking w/ the owner of this shop for 45 min. he said he takes the customers truck for the relearn process: for each from a dead stop punch it (repeat three times) he said he only does it til the third setting, reason - because he can't afford to buy new tires for the truck cuz it just burns rubber...:D :burnit :burnit :burnit he tells the client to do it themselves...

Havoc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The way I understood it was that you had to re-teach the tranny every time you went up power levels. I keep mine in level 2 (Our traffic makes anything more pointless), but would like to be able to quickly go to 7 when I want to have fun

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
as far as i understand, once you go through it once, it learns all of them, and yes if you drop down or go up you do again. but when your out on the road and feel you need to, let's say, run it on 3 instead of 6, just let it have from every red light upto 60 for a few times.

i just drive mine in 6 everyday (found that that is my best fuel mileage level overall when not towing) and yes i love to let it rip from a dead stop.

i don't really know how else to help, but don't get so down about it, just have fun with it and maybe try not to get to technical with it.

hope that helps.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
from what i understand even the latest recal is a constant tranny relearn process. but, as for the six gun, once you've gone thru all six settings once the tranny has an idea of how it should respond. can't wait for mine:D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
from what i understand even the latest recal is a constant tranny relearn process. but, as for the six gun, once you've gone thru all six settings once the tranny has an idea of how it should respond. can't wait for mine:D

i love mine, but my wife can't stand the g-forces it creates on her body:roflmao

i know it defuels when it shifts, but i am glad it does it to protect instead of wreck.:thumbs

Havoc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm an engineer, I can't help getting too technical, but I'm not really down about it, I just pictured it being different. It does shift very weird if you go up a few levels without teaching. As far as the six-gun goes though, holy s#*t! Money well spent. Thanks for the help guys.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Havoc said:
I'm an engineer, I can't help getting too technical, but I'm not really down about it, I just pictured it being different. It does shift very weird if you go up a few levels without teaching. As far as the six-gun goes though, holy s#*t! Money well spent. Thanks for the help guys.

10-4 havoc!

when my wife rides with me, i love to watch her head bob back and forth when i put the hammer down. it drives her crazy.

i keep tellin her that im gonna do a 4WD launch with her in the truck and she freaks out and yells at me, NO YOUR NOT!!!

:burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit :burnit

snoeproe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you guys think this is good for your tranny?
those are real expensive trucks your messing with there.
if money is not an issue, carry on.
when you loose your tranny, don't come complaining.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim