Torque Converter Lock up mod Problems.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Just as the title says I have a problem. Tried my hand at the torque converter lockup mod. Went for a test drive and everything seemed to be doing good. On the way home from the test drive the **** hit the fan. I guess I have a short somewhere. I lost my gauges, I mean the factory even the tach, the accelerator was gone. And when in drive the converter was locked. So I got it moving somehow and then flipped it to my high idle and limped home that way.

I need help as to where to look. I can get my gauges back if I touch the wire coming from the converter to a power source. But the lights like wait to start come on and they are really weak. HELP me please. Need ideas of where to look for problems. I am gonna retrace my steps in the morning. Thanks Kyle.

dcapita

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That sucks. sounds like a short to me, but what do I know. I would check the to make sure you have a good ground and good connections. where did u tap into the lock up wire at? did you trace the wire for the lock up? sometimes they are differant color than on some instruction write ups and there could be numerous wires of the same color in the loom. If you don't get it fixed give me a call, I will be out in your area later today and I could possibly help. good luck

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
doubt this is what it is, but Ive lost all my gauges and pedal. It ended up bein fuse number 45... Its on the bottom right hand side in the fuse box. Try that.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Well got it fixed and working again. Thanks for the replies though. It was actually fuse number 19. It works great. What happened was I lost my ground and it blew the fuse.

The only problem I have now is that when I lock it up manually the OD light will flash for awhile. Anyone know why?

Thanks Kyle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58