towing a tractor

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
A guy askes me cuase i got a F350 iffin i would go 240 miles to pick up a tractor for him....
I asked if he had a trailer that was road worthy, (this is a must because he takes care of nothing).
so i found a trailer and can accomadate my schedule....
is .90 per mile to unreasonable.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Depends upon how well you know the guy. If a close friend/good neighbor, seems high. Co-worker or passing aquaintence(friend of a friend), seems fair.

dantheman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I agree. We just bought a horse trailer and meet the hotshot half way. His rate was 1.10 loaded.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Depends upon how well you know the guy. If a close friend/good neighbor, seems high. Co-worker or passing aquaintence(friend of a friend), seems fair.

former co-worker rates:thanks
needed a sanity check, i thought it was fair, plus he wanted to ride along

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Especially considering some people would say you would be essentially functioning "for hire" make very sure that the guy knows the carriage is at his own risk. Better yet, get it in writing. You don't have to mention your fee in such a document. With fuel costs being what they are $0.90 a mile is more than fair. You might want to have some paperwork genned up for the DOT guys that would say that the trailer and tractor are in your possession with the owner's permission. just in case you are stopped by a bored DOT officer. Since the tractor owner will be with you though, that might not be much of a problem there. :sweet

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
"Tractor" is a very broad term that can describe a little garden tractor or a monstor John Deere.

How big is this thing...........What does it weigh???

Will your truck & trailer haul it..........???

Tbar

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tbar said:
"Tractor" is a very broad term that can describe a little garden tractor or a monstor John Deere.

How big is this thing...........What does it weigh???

Will your truck & trailer haul it..........???

Tbar

Ditto!

When we transport tractors we break out the Kenworth with a 400HP Cummins and Fuller Road Ranger.:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I gotta believe Robert wouldnt hook upto a load that would be unsafe behind his F-350. This wont be his first rodeo.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I gotta believe Robert wouldnt hook upto a load that would be unsafe behind his F-350. This wont be his first rodeo.

And will your truck ins cover the borrowed trailer, they are not cheap these days. Tell us more about this tractor.
I wouldn't do it for any less, Friend or no friend.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thanks about insurance.. that one slipped by.
but its a Japanese tractor starts with an M and its not mitsubishi,
i talked ot the dealer he said its just under 6k, so not to bad and the trailer i have found will carry the weight, but i need to inspect it first. free stuff bothers me. folks around here tend to forget about lights, brakes and TIRES.

thanks guys
the sounding board worked.
let yall know if we go, he is concerned about it costing 400 or so for us to go get it, but ran the mileage and its an easy 12 hr round trip,
cheap is cheap for some

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14