Question Towing mileage

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogman, are you one of their dealers?

No, A guy that works for me sells the stuff. I have been running it for about 2 months now trying to see if it's works in diesels like it does in gassers. Works great in gas power cars and trucks, but I can not get any steady numbers on my truck in city driving. Running Hwy I can get good numbers running 65 mph I can run 22 to 25 mpg hwy. I drove to Miami wed. morning and with the same trailer and 8k in weight and pulled 14.3 mpg. Coming back at night pulled 24.2 mpg unloaded running 65 mph.

Note here; My EGR crapped out on me going to MN and so I unplugged it and I have not plugged it in or replaced it. So now, I'm wondering if theres is a problem with crappy mileage and EGR's? This was number 4 EGR that was put on my truck before I left.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are u saying 32oz. costs $50? and u use 18oz. on a 30 gallon tank... ie: 15 oil & 3/10 gal. diesel = 18oz.

seems pretty spendy...

Yes, 32 oz. cost $50.
NO, you put 1 oz. for every qt. of oil,
so you are using 15 oz. in you oil.
for your fuel it's 1 oz. for every 10 gal's. of diesel.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
pulling our 12K brick, 8-11
empty is around 18

i did notice better numbers from Oregon fuel draging the camper, than the stuff we get here....

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
kinda worded funny...:sorry

it was a fifty/fifty on the understanding..

so you put it in the oil too!!! huh

Lindsey1953

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
pulling our 12K brick, 8-11
empty is around 18

i did notice better numbers from Oregon fuel draging the camper, than the stuff we get here....

Interesting about the Oregon fuel.
My truck is same as yours only an F250. My mileage is similar. Pulling 7,000 the best I can do is about 12. Did 2750 miles from L.A., up to Mt Shasta, then over to the coast before heading back and averaged 11.5. I suspect going up some of the hills it's more like 8. I kept the speedo at 55 most of the time and it didn't help much. We're going to Texas after the first of the year and will put about 5 or 6,000 miles on. It will be interesting to see how it responds to less hilly terrain and different fuel.

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and '04 F350 SRW CC. I recent pulled a 20' bumper pull trailer with a tractor on it to be repaired. So one way trailer was loaded and return was empty. I got 11.3 mpg for the total trip. I went up and down a lot of hills and drove 65 mph most of the time. I typically get 16.5 mpg on normal driving (not much in town stuff).

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well i usually get 17mpg empty or light trailer but pulling heavy or our 18' dump trailer i get a hair over 14mpg on average with the mods listed below

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58