Towing mirror question...

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has absolutely nothing to do technically with the mirror. What the heck do you guys do when washing the truck, you dry it off, and then drive 50 feet and all the water hiding in the main and bubble mirrors comes spitting out down the side of the truck? I've tried stuffing a towel edge back in there to wick some of the water out, but it's hit or miss, and a real pain. My Next thought was a 1/16 inch drill bit, and make a few holes on the bottom for the water to escape from. I'd drill from the rear to the front on an angle to make sure the winter crud doesn't get blown up and in behind the mirror heads. Suggestions? :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my 02 i drilled a few holes like you desribed, up from the bottom one on each side of bubble mirror 1/8 holes, worked pretty good

on the 06 i just put up with the water, we live on a dirt/gravel road now so as soon as it gets washed , some turkey wil drive by and its dirty all over again.-mad

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a crazy one for what it's worth...... Try a leaf blower, Don't ask me how I know.....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
zr1pete said:
Here's a crazy one for what it's worth...... Try a leaf blower, Don't ask me how I know.....
Best way to dry a motorcycle...:D

Fine69

Reaction score
I dry my whole truck with an electric leaf blower, if you use a gas blower, you will get oil residue all over your truck. The exhaust is blown out the end with the air.

Fine69

Reaction score
I thought of that too, but that much pressure can shoot water into all kind of places that it shouldn't be.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Here's a crazy one for what it's worth...... Try a leaf blower, Don't ask me how I know...

I use that method on my motorcycle, works great... I tried it on my truck and my ears were ringing for a couple of hours, but worked well also.

Fine69

Reaction score
Crusin350 said:
I use that method on my motorcycle, works great... I tried it on my truck and my ears were ringing for a couple of hours, but worked well also.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, you have to wear earplugs, or else your ears will ring.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I just use towels and blow on the mirrors, mirror jams, that's what I learned from working with a detailer at 15 years old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58