Towing mirrors

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
My truck came with factory power towing mirrors. They stick out far, I like the look but sometimes I wish they could slide in (banks, and drive throughs are a hassel) I thought that they would push in like every other superduty i see, but not working. I dont want to break them they look expensive?? Is it possible that mine dont slide in??

Thanks for the help!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
1999 (early) F-250

Yes............

I have a perfect unblimished set sitting in the garage I will sell you if you break one. :D

Tbar

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the 1999 was the first year they made your truck, and they didn't pull out or slide in like they do in 2000,and after. Will they fold into the door or not, I don't know for sure but they should fold in. Hope this helps.:sweet

SprintRacer26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 99's dont slide in. LOL, nor do they fold back to the front......found that out the hard way.......I bought a set of aftermarket mirrors off ebay and they fit good, work good, but the mirrors themselves vibrate bad while driving. But I guess you get what you pay for. Ford wants $180 each for the mirrors, I think I paid $150/pair from ebay.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but mine will fold to the rear. Yea, sometimes it's a PIA for bank teller windows and junk-food drive thru's, but I usually just pull the drivers side back.

I like the mirrors when towing, but they do stick out aweful far if you don't have anything on the hitchball. I'm probably going to upgrade to the heated, turn signal, telescoping mirrors sometime this spring/summer. :thumbs

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Mine fold back so i guess Ill have to live with that untill I break down and buy some with turn signals.

thanks for the help

doghouse95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Turn signals

Putting the mirrors on the truck is easy, long story. How hard is it to wire the turn signals and heaters in?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl