Towing turbo; upgrade or replace?

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a turbo upgrade in stage 2 and need some recommendations. Should I just rebuild the stocker with all available modifications or upgrade to a BB? Which would be more cost effective?

The truck will be used for commuting and towing; I'm not looking for extreme boost levels, just to be rid of the surge and get the load moving with more authority.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garret BB turbo. If I knew my turbo was going to go out....I wish I would have had one on stand-by to replace it.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, I see you're just a jump over the river from me in Mandarin.

if you're sticking with stock injectors then I'd go for the wickedwheel if you plan for larger injectors then a bigger turbo will be beneficial.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, I see you're just a jump over the river from me in Mandarin.

if you're sticking with stock injectors then I'd go for the wickedwheel if you plan for larger injectors then a bigger turbo will be beneficial.

X2 ;tu

And WELCOME X2

Last edited:

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Yep. Liked it there when I lived off Old St Augustine years ago; now almost unrecognizable.

Good point; I've been thinking about stage 1 or 2 single shots and would need more airflow. Don't want to waste money on one upgrade and have to redo it.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
na, that's from 'bama, kinda scary to take that picture right before you drive down the road.

Old St Augustine rd would be pretty much unrecognizable since they finished widening it.

I'm off Mandarin Rd down near Julington Creek, in an older neighborhood

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We had freinds that lived right on the creek many years ago; they had a really nice house on about 5 acres.

I have inlaws in Bama; that sign shoud actually be put in front of all the public schools, as it perfectly describes their education system.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58