towing?

atk

Reaction score
i have towed alot before, but not with my current truck. this is one of the reason i purchased my current ride. how much weight, including the weight of the trailer, before i need to use the tow/haul button? i have talked to some other PSD owners locally, with diiferent opinions....my last truck(94 F150) i shut off the overdrive(button on the shifter)when the loads started to get up there....any feedback would be great.....:thanks ....

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hey alex, when i was hauling cars with my 36' flat deck car hauler, i used it weither i was empty or loaded. didnt make any diff. to me.

it helped to slow me down, and get me upto speed.

i dont know of any situation that you couldnt use it.

again, this is just MHO.

atk

Reaction score
i have used it when i have been plowing snow. your trailer empty probaly will weigh more then my loaded trailer on my next trip, but thanx for your imput....

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
I use it all the time with anything but an empty trailer...so I guess anything over 2K. DON'T use it in the rain and snow ;) I also use it empty sometimes on those downhills that are just right to want to keep the transmission hunting gears without it.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I find it very useful when stopping a trailer. When accelerating or at steady speeds of 40 or less it just annoys me. It seems to stay in some gears much longer than needed. On acceleration, all it appears to do is shift late and waste fuel.

FYI: I only pull 7K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58