Tpms fix

HeavyHitter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 09 F350 with the tpms system. I installed a lift with 20's and 37's. the tpms light is on cause of the pressure in the tires not being 65 and 85. Any idea how to trick the system. tires are rated to 50.

thanks

Fine69

Reaction score
You can't fool the sensors. You need the sensors out of your factory wheels, or buy another set to install in your new wheels.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
actually, you need to get a set of sensors out of an Explorer, that are rated for 50psi.

if you put the factory sensors in, and don't set the tire to sufficient pressure, you still won't get the light to turn off.

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The TPMS sensors must be carried over from the factory rims when new ones are installed. The following message may help someone who, like me, installed bigger tires on the factory rims. I have an '08 F350 with the TPMS and the factory front tires were rated at 65psi, while the rears were rated at 80psi. When I swapped on a set of 35 X 12.50 Toyos ( running 65psi) the idiot light on the dash came on and pretty much stayed lit from then on out. I checked the owners manual, and there are detailed instructions on how to reset your TPMS system. It goes something like...cycle the ignition on the vehicle twice, but do not start, then tap the brake pedal three times, etc. etc. Basically once the system is primed and ready ( the vehicle will beep the horn twice, or something like that), you'll go around to each tire in the correct order specified in the manual and hold the little grey FOB with the green button next to the bead where the tire sits on the rim on the side exactly opposite the valve stem. Press the button until the little L.E.D. flashes and move on to the next one. Before you do all of this, make sure that the tires are properly inflated to the pressure you want to run in them. The system will reset itself to monitor that new pressure. The warning light will then only come on if your tire pressure goes 5-10 psi above or below that mark. My instructions are just what I can remember off the top of my head, so definitely follow the manual to a tee. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58