TPMS Problem 09 F350

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just put new wheels and tires on my truck. I cant get the TPMS to reset. Im thinking that its not resetting because im only running 45 psi in the new tires and the factory pressures are much higher. any advice as to what I can do to get the system to reset??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your air pressure is too low. Run 50 psi at least. I run 60 psi in, all tires, all of the time.

Dave

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yes i am using aftermarket wheels, and yes I did have the sensors installed on the new wheels. I have no problems at all with "Training" the truck with the new sensors, everything seems to be ok. i tried driving the truck for a few minutes like the manual says but the display still shows low tire pressure every time i start the engine

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks DaveBen, im trying to keep the pressures low, the max on these tires are only 65....

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will do more damage to the tires by under-inflating them, than you could do by running them at the rated pressures. But it is YOUR truck.

Dave

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey any suggestions are better than where im at right now, i will give it a try and see what happens

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Tpms

Just a fun fact for you. When the 2008 trucks came out i found some valuable information about the TPMS on FMC Dealer. On most 350's the tire pressures are different from front to rear and the 250's are usaully the same. So Ford says "after tire rotations the TPMS must be recalibrated and pressures adjusted to match" The door sticker on the truck has the specs, set to that and recalibrate the system, see how that treats you.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
just put new wheels and tires on my truck. I cant get the TPMS to reset. Im thinking that its not resetting because im only running 45 psi in the new tires and the factory pressures are much higher. any advice as to what I can do to get the system to reset??

there are two different TPMS sensors for Ford pickups.
A high pressure one (green - trips at 55 psi) and a low pressure one (blue - trips at 27psi)

these are held to a cradle by a couple of clips, the cradle is banded to the wheel 180* opposite the valve stem..

When you're using the procedure in the Owner's Manual, all you are doing is putting the system in "learn" mode. You need the electronic transmitter tool to actually re-train the sensor.

I deal with this stuff all day, every day.

run the tires up to doorpost pressure, take it to the tire shop and pony up the five bucks to have it reset.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
there are two different TPMS sensors for Ford pickups.
A high pressure one (green - trips at 55 psi) and a low pressure one (blue - trips at 27psi)

these are held to a cradle by a couple of clips, the cradle is banded to the wheel 180* opposite the valve stem..

When you're using the procedure in the Owner's Manual, all you are doing is putting the system in "learn" mode. You need the electronic transmitter tool to actually re-train the sensor.
I deal with this stuff all day, every day.

run the tires up to doorpost pressure, take it to the tire shop and pony up the five bucks to have it reset.

The trucks come with the tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14