TPS

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Took the truck to the tranny shop because it was shifting into fourth, back down to third and up to fourth if I really get on it. It has a brand new E4OD. They told me it was the TPS goin bad. I though, Ok, easy enough. I cannot find this dang part anywhere. Dealer's tellin me got to buy the whole pedal assembly.:rant I can take it off with two screws, so I don't see how this can be. Can anyone tell me where they found their's? Any pictures of where the sensor meets the shaft on the pedal would be helpful too. :thanks2

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tell them you need a F2TZ-9B989-C (recently available, haven't confirmed it works yet)

The whole assemble is $263 at dieselsite.com Don't know if they can get the F2TZ-9B989-C or not.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The F2TZ-9B989-C is a recently available $34.00 TPS that hasn't been confirmed if it works or not. You can be the first to try it out :sweet If it doesn't then you will have to buy the whole assembly.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Ok, I'll remember that. I actually ended up taking it to the dealer because I just don't have the time right now to mess with it. Plus, it's got a vaccum leak that I don't really have the time to mess with either. So, I just took it to the dealer and let them fix it this time. Thanks for the info Crumm.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it does when you get it back. Hope the dealer does a good job on it.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Got it back and it was fine. They put it on the tranny monitor, took it for test drives and I even took the head mechanic for a test drive and he said tranny is A O.K. He said that what feels like the tranny is down shifting and then back up real quick is just torque converter lock-up. As far as the vaccum leak, he said that that's what it sounds like but really it's just some type of valve that opens to heat the motor up faster. He said that it only does it when it's cold to heat it up, which made sense because when it gets up to operating temp, it goes away. As far as the headlights, he said that the driver's side adjuster is broken. The part is $10, BUT... you have to remove the bumper to get to it.:watchout So I told him to order the part and I'll be in after Christmas. So, that's the story on that, and the best part is that they didn't charge me a penny to check the truck out and take it for a test drive.;tu Overall, I was VERY pleased.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
As far as the vacuum leak, he said that that's what it sounds like but really it's just some type of valve that opens to heat the motor up faster. He said that it only does it when it's cold to heat it up, which made sense because when it gets up to operating temp, it goes away.

That would be the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve better known as the EBPV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58