Trac Bar bushings

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Can the bushings in the trac bar be replaced or do you have to buy a new trac bar?

If it's the later where's the best place to get an OEM replacement besides the stealership?

Thanks all!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I believe Energy Suspension has a poly bushing kit for the bar ends. An alternative if you don't have a press is to purchase an adjustable trac bar with the poly bushings already installed.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all,

Can the bushings in the trac bar be replaced or do you have to buy a new trac bar?

If it's the later where's the best place to get an OEM replacement besides the stealership?

Thanks all!

What are you driving............???

Tbar

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry.. Forgot to add the truck in the sig.

2001 F250 CC 7.3L 4wd with a 6" lift on it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Any 4x4 that's lifted I'd go with an adjustable as it'll make alignments alot more fine tuned.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't understand that comment. The trackbar locates the axle to the center of the truck. The tierod ajusts the toe and the draglink adjusts the steering wheel.

Theoretically even if it's not centered under the truck it should drive straight.

Meaning with a Solid front axle you should be able to set all the alignment with the axle not even being on the truck and put it under and be good to go Regardless of the tracbar.

If I'm wrong I'd like to know.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
In our case our truck was experiencing uneven front tire wear,unstable steering,drifting & possible mpg loss resulting from the rear tires not following in the same tracks as the front pair.

Installed the Edge adjustable trac bar,dialed the front axle with the rear and Bam! the Excursion was handling straight and even again :notworthy

On an aesthetic note we prefer to have our truck appearing to run straight on the road rather than being one of the hooptie trucks going sideways resulting from a crappy lift kit or suspension work :lmao

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On an aesthetic note we prefer to have our truck appearing to run straight on the road rather than being one of the hooptie trucks going sideways resulting from a crappy lift kit or suspension work :lmao

I completly agree. With the kit it has a bracket to center the axle so the rear tires are following the front tires...

I was just interested in how the trackbar has to do with "allignment" :)

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the track bar drop down is close but not always perfect, and depending on the springs and sag or over lifted.

. by rights you should be able to remove teh bolts from the track bar on the ground.. in most cases you cant there will be a small margin of error that will bind on the bolt.

you will see some trucks sit high on one side or another due to this. the track bar is litterally hold up or pulling down the driver side. a adjustable track bar is recommended for all lifts over 2" inches. is it required no.

a aftermarket adjustable track bar will; run 160-230 bucks. and i dont beleive there are track bar bushings available for the late modle trucks. you will need a replacement bar.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
a aftermarket adjustable track bar will; run 160-230 bucks. and i dont beleive there are track bar bushings available for the late modle trucks. you will need a replacement bar.
I've found that Energy Suspension lists a track arm bushing kit,now would that be their way of re-wording panrod bar or trac bar?

Part number is 4.7128 and runs about $25 fyi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14