Track Bar Bushings

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'm experiencing a thump/bump in the front end. Seeing as how the truck is 11 years old and they have never been replaced, I'm looking into replacing the track bar bushings.

I'm looking into some Energy Suspension urethane bushings.

In the catalog they show for a 99 F-250 a part number 4.7128 with no separate for the pre 3/99 trucks or 3/99 & on trucks.

Also in the catalog, they show for a 99 F-350 a part number 4.7126, again with no difference for a pre 3/99 or 3/99 & later truck.

I thought the F-250 and F-350 front suspensions were the same? Could the two different numbers be the difference between pre 3/99 and post 3/99 track bars?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the differences, but I do know there is a one piece cast track bar and there is a welded style track bar. My truck has the welded style, but A friend has a '99 with the cast style track bar. Not sure if his is an early or late truck. Hope this helps out some. :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The numbers that you show are different by 2/10,000ths of an inch. Is this correct TG? If it is, they are equal for all practical purposes.

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The numbers that you show are different by 2/10,000ths of an inch. Is this correct TG? If it is, they are equal for all practical purposes.

Dave

I duuno, those are the part numbers out of the catalog.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I don't know about the part numbers but I do know when you install them use lots of grease. The energy suspension bushings like to squeak and they will drive you nuts.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
x2 on the squeaking, n use marine grease so it won't wash off at the first mud puddle! Don't forget the sway bar endlinks, n the shocks as well. just hit the shock bolts and squeeze em a little more, same for the endlinks. Just a thought if the track bar doesn't help. Just to play devil's advocate, the original bushings went how long again...... n how long would it take you to go that far again.......... Just(squeak) a thought,(squeak, squeak)unless you like squeaks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14