Traction bar snubbers wasted!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Recently I replaced the factory junk traction bar thinga ma bobbers on the Excursion.
Upon getting ready to remove the traction bars I discovered both of the snubbers on them we're wasted extremely bad,any of my Excursion buds observe similar destroyed snubbers on their trucks?
From what I gather mine are the first known to deteriorate so badly:eek:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Prior to our Rocky Mountain winter trip in December the snubbers were fine,we believe the rough washboard snow/ice covered interstates might have been the blow it took to shatter em especially on the Kansas/Colorado 70 & Wyoming 80 the day after the blizzards.:doh:

All I can vision is parts of the Excursions weak suspension falling off in front of other vehicles behind me.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy snubboly! Looks like someone dumped acid all over them! :eek: Or even blasted with liquid nitrogen and hit with a hammer. Never seen any like this.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
If I recall correctly the rear snubbers are of the same construction as the front bumpstops on 2000-2002 Excursions.

I think the snubbers were designed for temporary contact and not long term like the multihour stretch of I-70 last winter.That was some of the roughest snow/ice covered road I've driven on:eek:

bonfire

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
anyone have a retail source for some polyurethane replacements of these snubbers? Mine are wasted too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58