Trailer brake controler

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I am getting a TBC FAULT on my dash display. Just happened with no trailer hooked up. Heard a beep or ding and there it was. Any ideas on what to look for or how to test. Hooked up trailer plug to truck and all the lights work but haven't pulled it to try brakes.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have one or two wires touching that shouldn't be. Take your plug apart and check it out.
Doug

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Ok I hooked up the trailer and when I push the reset in dash the TBC FAULT goes out and brakes and lights seem to work normal. If I use the manual control on brake controler the brakes work but it sets off the chime and TBC FAULT shows up again on display and doesn't go off unless you push reset. Every time I start the truck the fault shows untill I reset. Checked grounds and plugs. Did a little searching and it seems like the 05 and 06"s had controler issues. Has anybody had to replace theirs, thinking mine might be on way out.

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know this is a bit old of a topic now, but my 2005 with the integrated tbc is doing the same thing. I removed it since everytime it would beep, it'd flash the brake lights. Now I just clear the error everytime I start the beast up. Ford dealer wanted $90 an hour to diagnose it, so I'm just doing without.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58