Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LT

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
What are you running out there for STs and what is the average cost are you guys seeing.

and maybe what else are you running out there? I will be replacing (4) P tires on my open dovetail that has a max 5K GVW. I bought a budget E-Bay trailer and a set of used tires came with it. They have served me well for the first race season but I dont think I want to trust them anymore.

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
For both the trailers I owned, first an open flat bed and now a modified toy hauler I inflated the pressure to the max on the sidewall. Several tire shops and racing friends said it reduces the sidewall flex that causes heat build up and possible tread failure. I did not do this at first on the open trailer and had two tires come apart. For the toy hauler I now use one of the pressure monitoring systems and it is great peace of mind. Make sure to set the pressures cold and never check them hot or let pressure out as it will go up when hot as it is suppossed to.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
So since I am poor... I am going to drop off my rims at the local tire shop and have him slap someones old tires that fit and have some life left in them, and then make sure they will have %10 less than the max inflation and I should be good for at least one more season?????

Last edited:

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I use LT235-75-15 class C tires on 5000 Lbs Axles, been on for 3 years and not show any wear. Previous tires were ST's and the tires lasted one hardly 2 years. I always put side wall indicated air pressures on my trailer tires. I was told by a Tire shop that the truck tires would all blow up. But here I am after 3 years and no wears.

Last edited:

AK HDM

Reaction score
I would probably go with LT tires. A lot of the larger travel trailers, fifth wheels,7 toy haulers use LT tires. I'm going to replace the tires on my 25' travel trailer, & I think it will have LT's instead of the ST's. I have a trailer that I haul my skid-steer on that I changed hubs so I could run 7.50x16 Ford wheels & tires on it. Just my $ .02
Mike

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok guys its official. Please vote now, the information will not be public. Let us know what yer running out there:sweet

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I changed my fifth wheel tires last summer from 15' to 16" rims and went to LT tires. They look good and from what I can tell, they seem to run cooler than the STs that they replaced. I have never lost a tire on any of my trailers but maybe its because I never let them get over 5 years old.
Jim

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
shredded a bunch of trailer tires.....changed to lt's and have been on there for 2 years no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58