Trailer tow light connection

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I recently got a used 2011 Superduty trailer tow plug that goes on the back of the truck. The connection with the trap door on it. Well it doesnt have the harness that plugs into that. What years did they use that plug in or is it only the 2011's? Also where would be the best place to get it? I know the dealership would probably be really high but might not have a choice. I can post some pics of it when I get home. Its the 7 pin round with the flat 4 connector built in.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
comes in a kit from Ford.. connector, harness, relays.. everything you need..

there should be an eight-wire breakout with a square-ish connector right about over the spare tire..

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
comes in a kit from Ford.. connector, harness, relays.. everything you need..

there should be an eight-wire breakout with a square-ish connector right about over the spare tire..

How much is this kit you think? Sounds expensive especially from Ford.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
IIRC, it was way more than what I thought it was worth.. in excess of 100 bucks.

BUT... all I had to do was stick the relays in, plug the thing into the wiring harness, and mount the connector..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
here's a wiring diagram if you want to put in a Hoppy or Reese connector...

(I would solder and shrink tube the wires.. no Scotch locks, no butt connectors)...

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
IIRC, it was way more than what I thought it was worth.. in excess of 100 bucks.

BUT... all I had to do was stick the relays in, plug the thing into the wiring harness, and mount the connector..

Why does it come with relays? Is this thing heavier duty than the stock one? I assume you put this on yer 99?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58