trailer tow wiring harness question

CassMori

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've recently gotten a 2002 f-250, and it is missing the trailer harness in the rear. It has the square-ish gray plug near the spare. My question is: will 118243 - Tow Ready Replacement OEM Tow Package Wiring Harness (7-Way) - RedTrailers.com work for an '02? Everything I've found on the Internet says only to 2001, but I can't find anything that says for what reason it stops at '01, nor have I been able to find an equivalent harness for '02+ (other than the Ford 2C3Z13A576DA harness).

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
it most likely will, not much changed 01 to 02 model year for trailer wiring

HOWEVER

make sure you can return it just in case

or is there a camping world or big towing center nearby you could maybe take a look see

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
X2 go too you local hitch guy for this. mine tested my harness when i was having probs for free. then his prices where the same as on line. im sure he/she knows of the top of head.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has this handly little tester job that fits right in the plug and illuminates LED's for testing different circuits..

about 9 bucks

about the harness itself..
Yep. That are the rascal.

Last edited:

CassMori

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - I'll stop by a few of the local RV places in the next couple of days, and see what they have to say, & see what their prices are like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58