trailer wiring/controller

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to install a trailer brake controller on my 06. Can I get a factory controller that mounts in the dash? I just have a storage compartment there now, but I pulled it out and there is 2 connectors there, I am assuming they are there for the controller? If so what else do i need to do to make it work? Do I need to install a fuse somewhere etc? If this is too espensive, what are my aftermarket options? thanks,

Scott

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I need to install a trailer brake controller on my 06. Can I get a factory controller that mounts in the dash? I just have a storage compartment there now, but I pulled it out and there is 2 connectors there, I am assuming they are there for the controller? If so what else do i need to do to make it work? Do I need to install a fuse somewhere etc? If this is too espensive, what are my aftermarket options? thanks,

Scott

i dont remember what the two connectors are for
but as far as adding the intergrated controller (IBC), you need to make sure you have the correct brake master cylinder as the IBC uses brake pressure to modulate the brake power for the trailer
plus the correct ECM/PCM programing.
easy way to check??? nope but who knows they may have done you a favor and put everything in cept the dash parts and the ecm prgramming.
one of the connectors could be for the uppfitters switches, but again i doubt they wired em in for free...:D

you could check a part number source and see if your master cyclinder is the right one???

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dam, so its not just as east as sticking in a controller and being done. Blah, what are my aftermarket options and what kind of harness do I need?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58